Sunday, May 17, 2009

New Campaign: Sorcerer

Today the group that I previously played Swords & Wizardry with reassembled. The DM wants to give Sorcerer a try, setting it in a grim fantasy world similar to an anime called Berserk. (Of which I have seen only one episode several years ago) I don't think we're running an anime-style game so much as we are borrowing the premise. I created a desert nomad healer/alchemist type who was branded and exiled for pursuing "unclean" sorcery, which he did to gain a better understanding of medicine.

Now, Sorcerer is normally more new school than I generally care for, but I like the group and the DM runs a pretty solid game, plus there seem to be enough rules to keep the "g" in "rpg." You'd never catch me playing something like Gray Ranks or Nobilis, because that's just not where my interests are and games like that are so far removed from what I define as a roleplaying game that I can't even consider it to be the same type of activity as playing, say AD&D or Deadlands or really anything else that is on my shelf. I can see enough structure in Sorcerer to relate to it, so what the hell, let's give it a shot.

I have run my NWoD game three times, though I have not posted about it. Honestly, the people following this blog are probably not the least bit interested in it.

On the other hand, I've about finished ironing out AD&D and I think I'll just post a link to the Google Document when it is finished, much as I did in the previous entry with my acrobat class writeup. I have now had ten people profess interest in playing, which is really more than my house can accommodate. However, I'm imagining that, from previous experience, only about half of the people who profess interest actually have any, and I'm leaning towards having it on a weeknight, which will probably preclude some people from playing. I wish life weren't so busy sometimes... I'd love to have everyone able to play, and honestly if I had the space at home and if everyone had the time, I'd give it a shot. I'm hoping to start the game in June.

No comments:

Post a Comment