Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Ya better run, Charles!

So, today I decided to stop jerking my potential players around and give them a start date: June 9th, two weeks from today. If I don't just kick myself in the ass, I'm going to over develop my world and I'm never going to get started.

I could determine such details as the proper name of every language spoken in the world, or how many bakers are in the capital of Oerlund, but I know that if I descend too deeply into simulation mode, I will never return. This is why I envy DMs who have a campaign world they've used for the last thirty years. Note to self: Keep this campaign world, if only for any future AD&D1 games I might happen to run.

So, the fire is now lit firmly under my ass. Time to get less macro and more micro.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent decision. A campaign develops best during play, in my opinion. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete