Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Deathfrostdoom!

I neglected to mention that my copy of the infamous Death Frost Doom arrived on my doorstep yesterday. A small but mighty little booklet, it really clicks with my recent tower scenario and the way that I have been thinking of module design lately.

The artwork is creepy and sort of reminds me of the old Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark book series. (Although maybe not quite as....drippy...) The module is filled with subtly unsettling items, both magical and mundane. (Well, I should say non-magical rather than mundane...very little in this module is mundane.) I won't go so far as to post a formal review, but this is an inventive, crazy, deadly module, and I can't wait to run it at Nuke Con in October. Oh, and it has a neat little cryptogram in the back, which has nothing really to do with the module but was a fun little addition nonetheless.

I will say this in closing: It has been a long time since I read a module that made me say "Holy friggin' crap!" every other entry or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment