Saturday, January 2, 2010

Blog-O-Versary

It was one year ago today I started this blog, after about two months of reading the blogs of others. The first was Lamentations of the Flame Princess, which I found after doing a google search for "Old School D&D" one day shortly after ending my 4th edition campaign and washing my hands of all WotC incarnations of the game.

So here I am, one year later, with 172 posts (including this one), 46 followers, and a very different philosophy of running and enjoying D&D. I've purchased some wonderful OSR products (OSRIC, Death Frost Doom, Grinding Gear, Mutant Future), read many others that are generously available free in PDF form, (Xplorers, various incarnations of S&W, etc) and generally just enjoyed the hell out of this corner of the internet. I have my own weekly AD&D/Mutant Future game that has been running for nearly seven months with only one session missed (a near-miraculous feat in this neck of the woods.) Yes, 2009 was a good year in gaming for me.

Thanks to everyone for your insightful posts, thoughtful comments, helpful suggestions, and excellent material that you've published or shared. May you always roll a successful save vs. poison (or death magic, or whatever.)

-Ryan

4 comments:

  1. Congrats Ryan. As far as making a saving throw, I am lost cause on that one. Keep the blog rolling it's been great.

    ReplyDelete