Friday, January 1, 2010

The Gamers: The Dorkness Rising

I try to keep reviews few and far between, as I consider myself a rank amateur critic at best. I will mention, however, that the wife and I found this movie to be quite entertaining. The number of tropes and stereotypes that I had personally experienced were more numerous than I would like to admit, right down to the cat-on-the-gaming-table fiasco. (My current AD&D game does not use minis or battle mats, but one of my cats often does his best to lay across various character sheets, notes, etc.) I'm not saying it's Citizen Kane or anything, but it was good for a few laughs and I knew all the in-jokes, so fair play. The special effects were reasonably well done for the low budget I imagine they had to work with.

Oh, and Happy New Year to all you out there in Blogville.

1 comment:

  1. You know that, but does YOUR CHARACTER KNOW THAT? I saw this shortly after you did (is currently available on the Netflix INSTANT CUE if you have a streaming DVD player). I enjoyed it too. I wife repeatedly said... "I think the longer I watch the dumber I get" The dude who played the chick was a nice twist. HA

    ReplyDelete