Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Shakes

Last Sunday, the Deadlands game I participate in was canceled due to some strange holiday involving the finding of eggs; apparently the GM and most of the players celebrate this strange ritual. Personally, I have no trouble locating eggs on a regular basis at the local supermarket, but, being ever curious about the rituals of other cultures, I dared not interfere and instead spent the day playing Arcanum on my PC. (Elf mage, this go around)

Tuesday, my AD&D game was canceled due to several players having last minute issues. It is just as well, perhaps, as duties kept me late at school and the last player had just worked a thirteen hour shift.

This week, my B/X crew were unable to reconcile their varied schedules, meaning I shan't game again until this Sunday, when Deadlands resumes.

If not for Arcanum and the recent release of Jim Butcher's latest Dresden novel, I suspect I'd be sweating and shaking and generally carrying on like Ewan McGregor in that scene in Trainspotting with the hallucinatory baby crawling around on the ceiling and some crazy ass techno a-thumpin' in the background.

1 comment:

  1. "I've seen the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked, dragging themselves through hexmapped streets at dawn looking for an angry (gaming) fix." ;)

    ReplyDelete