Sunday, June 6, 2010

Twas the night before RIFTS

....well, technically it is the morning of, but who's counting?

There are a lot of interesting ideas in this book, though the organization is perhaps just as horrible, if not more so, than the AD&D original Dungeon Master's Guide. I also find that the skill system is fairly tedious, full of skills that I very much doubt I will ever use.

I ended up making a Mystic, a class that dabbles in both magic and psionics.

I'm honestly not sure if this is going to be my cup o' tea, but I am going to try it out. Monday is supposed to be a go for Dark Heresy, but with the collapse of Deadlands and the cancellation of Vampire, I can't consider anything to be certain.

Surely, you'd think it would be easier to get a few people together once a week for a couple of hours. Adulthood is supposed to come with freedom, isn't it?
I have a wife who encourages game time, I have no kids, and I currently work half days (sweet, sweet summer school)... I have plenty of time for gaming, at least...

1 comment: