Thursday, September 30, 2010

Steppin' Up That Nerd Game, Son

Went to the used bookstore today to get a few extra copies of The Hobbit, since my school doesn't have enough and the copies other schools are loaning me aren't coming in fast enough to accommodate my lesson plans.

Whilst there, I found Middle Earth Role Playing (2nd edition, labeled "Collector's Edition" as well) and the friggin' Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles rpg. Suffice to say, my bookshelf has even less space on it now.

Work continues on Mutant Future, though I am too tired at present to post stats. I am toying with the idea of allowing specific types of Mutant Animals a la Gamma World 4th edition, (not the upcoming Gamma World using D&D4E rules, but the 4th edition of Gamma World that came out in the early 90's) but that might be more work than I am willing to do. I'm thinking that if a player asks to play a MA, I will ask what kind and cobble something together from there.

Soon I will be ready to dust off Hexographer and add to the map I created last summer for my AD&D group's somewhat ill-fated trip to Tarraxian...

4 comments:

  1. "I'm thinking that if a player asks to play a MA, I will ask what kind and cobble something together from there."

    That's the way to do it, no matter what system you are using. Cheers to rpg ingenuity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't remember if I liked playing MERP or just reading the critical hit and fumble tables.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So envious of your TMNT find! I had some really fun experiences with that game. R.I.P. Mr. W.

    ReplyDelete