Sunday, November 7, 2010

Deadlands, Session 1

So, while our RIFTS GM plots the second campaign and generally cools her heels, one of our group is now running Deadlands Reloaded. Incidentally, this is the same guy who ran Deadlands for part of my AD&D group back in May. We have a very large gaming group for DL, as we picked up some extra players. Even with two people gone, we had a party of six. Combat slowed up a little, though I imagine if we'd been playing something besides Savage Worlds, it would have absolutely crawled. RIFTS? Yeah, we'd probably still be playing the second combat right now...
I'm sure things will get a little faster as the players who are new to Savage Worlds get things figured out.

It's good to be playing Deadlands again. I need to work on my Southern gentleman's accent a little bit, but I don't think it was too offensive.

1 comment:

  1. Goddamn, I love Deadlands. Recently, I had been thinking about creating a Wild West-type retroclone which could cover most of the Western genre (anywhere from Rio Bravo to Sabata to Desperado) bases like D&D covers its respective fantasy bases. It may eventually happen, but part of me keeps saying "Isn't that basically what Deadlands is?"

    ReplyDelete