Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Xmas...Now Save Vs. Disintegration!

I have been working on a post about Adventures Dark & Deep, but I just can't seem to sit down and finish the damned thing. It has now been interrupted by this post.

Gaming-related material received for Christmas:

-Hotrods of the Gods, an old module for West End's Ghostbusters RPG, given to me by a friend who knows I like obscure gaming stuff. I don't actually own the Ghostbusters RPG, but this certainly gives me a reason to track down a copy. (Which, I gather, is easier said than done...)

-Expedition to the Barrier Peaks, which I have wanted for quite some time, from my wife. It smells very musty, which is a pleasant alternative to the usual old pot smell that vintage AD&D stuff seems to carry. I will have to Febreeze the old module, but aside from that, it is in great condition.

-The Spire of Iron and Crystal, a sort of poor man's Barrier Peaks for Swords & Wizardry. I've been wanting to get my hands on this ever since I played through Tomb of the Iron God in the all-too-brief Swords & Wizardry/Labyrinth Lord pastiche game I played in back when I started blogging.

It was a fairly gaming lite holiday this year; I'm trying to make more out of what I own rather than just add to my already impractically large collection of gaming stuff. (Impractical in the sense that I will never get around to playing or running most of this stuff...)

Off to enjoy my holiday loot. My goal for tomorrow is to finish the damn AD&D (no, the other AD&D) post from last week.

Have a fun and safe holiday, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment