Friday, March 25, 2011

Gamepocalypse

Traveller did not run tonight, as the wife put in crazy OT this week and the group only has three players, so I am loathe to run if anyone misses. Another player is going to be out of town for the next three weeks, giving me a solid month of no Traveller.

Meanwhile, this Sunday might the the last RIFTS session for awhile, as the GM is fatigued.

Double meanwhile (all the way), the Shadowrun 2nd edition GM is fatigued from various personal events, and wants to shelve the game for awhile.

This would leave me with nothing but Hackmaster, which seems to run about every other week.

But friends, I will not go gentle into that good night... I am starting up a campaign sketch for Stars Without Number, which I shall have ready to go for a week from Sunday, picking up where Shadowrun leaves off.

Assisting me in my endeavor to keep the torch burning, homie Josh will be starting up a new Deadlands Reloaded game, which he plans to have ready for the following Sunday, thus keeping the Sunday group on track.

This will leave me with black, sucking void in my Friday nights, but this is decidedly preferable to having the Sunday group grind to a halt.

One group member had previously suggested running a RIFTS Coalition States game, but the more I think about it, the more I'd rather staple my testicles to my desk than play by-the-book RIFTS as the bad guys of the setting.

Now, what am I going to do with my Friday nights for the next month?

(Probably play The Battle for Wesnoth on my computer, sadly...)

2 comments:

  1. Not so sure 'fatigued' is the word I would use...needs time to plan good adventures for Rifts! That's it, yeah. Poor Shadowrun guy, he had been going since November!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Move back to Lincoln. Gaming 24/7 (not really though)

    ReplyDelete