Friday, April 22, 2011

A Litany of Random Thoughts on a Gameless Weekend

In the past 72 hours, I have been to two gaming stores and one used bookstore, and I have not purchased a single thing. This is kind of a big deal for me.

A virus has left my computer bereft of my files, though I have rid myself of it. I am rebuilding my PDF collection. I got back most of the paid-for PDFs that I bought in the last few years... though the website seems to have no record of my Delving Deeper bonus character classes. Oh, well...they were only seventy-five cents apiece, and really, creating those classes (bards, rangers, paladins, monks) for older versions of D&D isn't really that difficult anyway. The free stuff, of course, was easy enough to acquire again.

Although all my players are back in town, there was no mention of Traveller this week. I have the suspicion that it isn't going to survive the low berth transport, and that it has already quietly died. I find myself, for the moment, largely indifferent...probably because I am running Stars Without Number every other week, and I consider SWN to be a vastly superior game. (Or at least, a game much more suited to my sensibilities.) 

Mindy continues to forge bravely ahead on RWG, the RIFTS-to-SWN project. I think her conversion stuff also borrows a lot from Traveller, making it different from mine mechanically. It seems we will have two different versions of RWG. Personally, I think I'm going to have to shelve work on my version until summer vacation. I am also inclined to step aside and let her have her version; she is, after all, the RIFTS GM for our group. Right now, my contribution will be the SWN game.

I am once again game-crushing on Savage Worlds, and on how completely awesome Pinnacle is to its customers. I have a lot of ideas that I would love to try out with Savage Worlds... ah, if only there were more days in a week.

I am quite tired of the A to Z blog thing, and look forward to seeing it gone from my little sidebar.  

No game on Sunday, due to that strange egg-finding holiday. I find religious holidays that cancel gaming to be particularly vexing, since I am an atheist.

Hackmaster has not run in several weeks. I think it has actually been canceled more than it has been run.

That copy of RIFTS Gold is still at the used bookstore, as are the two copies of Terra Primate I found sometime last year. One of them vanished for a time, but has reappeared. Strangely enough, it is now marked six bucks higher than the other copy, despite having slightly more cover wear.

Next week will be better, I hope.

1 comment:

  1. I had a mellow Easter, too. My sons were with their mom, so I painted the eaves on the house. Weeeeee! Yee haaaa!!!!!

    I should have gamed....

    ReplyDelete