Sunday, May 29, 2011

More SWN , Etc.

Today, I gave the party a ship.
Well, they found it. They could have skipped over it entirely.

The game got mired in a looooooong session of selling stuff and fitting the ship. Ordinarily I hate this sort of minutiae, but my players managed to get enough fundage to pay their maintenance, pay roll, and fuel costs for a year of game time, so we needn't worry about it for a long time. I wish we hadn't spent so much time on the damn ship. I actually loathe logistics sessions in gaming, but they seem to be an inevitability, no matter what game you are playing. We were also missing Josh, so I'm glad we didn't get too far ahead.

Stars Without Number continues to impress the hell out of me. Mindy has purchased both Skyward Steel and Polychrome and printed copies of them. I intend to buy the "legit" book versions for myself as well.

We had some friction in the gaming group today... between an established player and a new guy. I now wonder if new guy will prove to be a viable addition to our group.

I don't want to believe that tolerable gamers are becoming fewer and fewer in number, but my experiences over the last five years continue to lead me to believe otherwise.


If I can somehow pull some kind of gaming together tomorrow, I can say that I gamed every day this weekend. This would be a fitting way to spend my last few days of having no obligations. Hot damn.

3 comments:

  1. What was their beef with one another?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good session of "What's on the mule?" My name for long logistics planning discussions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome you got so much gaming in. I thought it was just me, but I'm finding it harder and harder to put together a solid gaming group these days.

    ReplyDelete