Monday, August 22, 2011

Inventory of Pipe Dreams

Stuff I should be working on:

1. RIFTS to SWN... barely started. Still working on classes.
2. Shadowrun to SWN...almost done. Need to finish Matrix, Cyberware, gear, and bestiary stuff and we good to go.
3. Death Frost Doom to SWN... not started.
4. My fucked up space dream rendered as a SWN module...not started.


Stuff that died that I'd like to bring back:
1. My D&D 4th edition campaign setting and plot, but converted to Pathfinder.
2. My Traveller campaign setting and plot, but converted to Stars Without Number.
3. My actual Stars Without Number campaign.
4. My AD&D 1st edition campaign.
5. My old 3.5 D&D campaign setting, converted to Pathfinder.


Stuff I'd like to run someday, in no particular order:

1. A Pathfinder game, straight up high fantasy.
2. A Pathfinder game, Renaissance-era
3. A True20 game in the vein of Shadowchasers and Nightwatch.
4. A game of AD&D 1st edition or B/X D&D inspired by Beowulf and Nordic/Anglo-Saxon type legends.
5. A NWoD game that is sort of an updated Orpheus.
7. An NWoD game that is sort of an updated Halls of the Arcanum.
8. Monte Cook's World of Darkness
9. A Palladium Robotech game, set in the Shadow Chronicles era.
10. A Starship Troopers-esque game of Stars Without Number
11. The Mechanoid Invasion Trilogy, from start to finish.
12. Metamorphosis Alpha converted to Mutant Future, possibly with the "storyline" (aka progression of increasingly disastrous events) from the most recent edition of the game.
13. A game of Changeling: the Lost
14. A game of Vampire: the Masquerade converted to Vampire: the Requiem.
15. A naval Stars Without Number campaign that makes heavy use of Skyward Steel and follows the adventures of a ship called the Armiger. The PCs play two characters eash: one senior officer and one Expend- er, I mean, Away Team Member.
16. A game of OpenQuest set in something resembling Scotland.

Stuff I Played in That Died and I Wish Would Come Back:
1. My wife's second and third NWoD chronicles.
2. Jason's Rippers campaign.
3. Mindy's original RIFTS campaign.


Stuff I'd Like to Play In:
1. A game of Rolemaster, run by someone who knows what they are doing and will guide me, gently, through it.
2. Ditto for MERPS, plus the GM is a Tolkien/Middle-Earth expert.
3. A game of RIFTS that doesn't make me want to walk into traffic. Perhaps one run by someone with Zachary Houghton's love of and expertise with the game.
4. Beyond the Supernatural
5. Heroes Unlimited
6. A game of AD&D 1st or 2nd edition.
7. A game of Witchcraft.
8. Any game that runs more or less regularly for a year.

3 comments:

  1. "13. A game of Changeling: the Lost"

    You will not be disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see I'm not the only one with a list this long. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the old Tuesday group needs to dust off their planeteer rings and combine our powers once more. Also I call dibs on wheeler

    ReplyDelete