Saturday, September 3, 2011

I'm 30th Level

Today is my 30th birthday, which I understand still makes me something of a punk kid in this neck of the woods. My lovely wife has gifted me a copy of Savage Worlds Deluxe. I've only skimmed the new/bonus material, but I must say this is a beautiful book. The artwork is almost entirely new, and I found myself quite taken with a few of the pictures. When you can look at the artwork in a book and get three different game inspiration ideas, you know those were pages well spent. By absolute coincidence, my copy of The Secret Fire arrived in the mail this morning, making it something of a birthday present to myself. I read a little bit this morning, and might read a bit more while the missus is shopping for chili ingredients from the farmer's market. Given that we all have Memorial Day off, my Sunday group is considering an extra session on Monday. I had planned to get caught up with some work stuff on Monday, but I might end up cutting that short in favor of extra gaming goodness. I actually have half a mind to whip up that Savage Worlds or World of Darkness one shot for some gaming later today. Thoughts on TSF will follow, once I've actually finished reading the book.

7 comments:

  1. Thirty? Don't forget to pick up some Depends at the store, grandpa.

    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Looking forward to your comments on TSF, I've been reading it on and off but don't know that I will play it anytime soon with my commitment to Dragonquest. I do enjoy reading the game and the flavor of the txt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you were a D&D character you'd have become an immortal

    ReplyDelete