Sunday, February 19, 2012

Another Gaming Sunday

Today we ran Mike's Hellfrost AD&D game. We had an epic siege defense session that lasted all afternoon. We somehow managed to fend of orcs who had us outnumbered 4-to-1. The main antagonist of the setting now knows my character by name and seems personally invested in killing him. Lovely. I also killed a devil with a critical hit, so Ecglaf the Scop's legend continues to grow, perhaps to his detriment...

We decided to take a break from SWN, since the past couple sessions have stagnated and we're all pretty frustrated. Mindy is going to switch it out for either her AD&D Greyhawk game from last year, or a new low-level RIFTS game. (Low-level as in City Rats, Cyber-Knights, etc. as opposed to Russian cyborgs and Glitterboys and crap.)

This weekend, I had a little bit of extra cash, so I ordered a brick of Pathfinder minis. My Pathfinder game with the ladies won't be able to really start for a couple of weeks, so I opted for El Cheapo shipping. I also got my copy of the Bestiary 3, which brought back a lot of old 1st edition monsters that I really enjoy. (And many of them from the Fiend Folio)

Speaking of which my PF game will not be able to get off the ground for a couple more weeks. I'm still trying the bottom up approach to world-building, so we'll see if I can resist the temptation to over-do things since I've got so much extra time on my hands.

On a totally unrelated note, I wish that Beasts & Barbarians had a POD option. I would dearly love to order that book and would gladly pay for a print copy. I just don't dig on PDFs and I don't think I ever will. Even with my snazzy new phone (which I'm fairly certain is powered by black magic), I just prefer to have a book in my hands.

2 comments:

  1. Ryan, B&B is going out in dead tree form in the next few days. Check your store or Studio2!

    My bests

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.studio2publishing.com/home/modules/news/

    ReplyDelete