Thursday, May 3, 2012

Dusting Off the Screen

I have set a start date of May 8th for my Warhammer 2nd edition game. The first night will just be character creation, plus a pre-gen scenario called "The Pig, the Witch, and Her Lover" which I got on Free RPG day back in 2008 or 2009. I'm running it to get everyone acquainted (or reacquainted in some cases) with the rules, and to allow a no-risk-to-your-character introduction to how Warhammer rolls. The next session, May 22nd, will be the first actual session with the characters they created.

As the game draws nearer, I'm still tempted by the idea of running the campaign not in the Old World, but in the world of the Talisman boardgame. I want something that feels a bit more like the baroque, higher-fantasy artwork and feel of Warhammer FRP 1st edition.I suppose I could always just flavor the Old World accordingly.

I am incredibly anxious to get back in the GM's seat. My last real campaigns were last summer, and since then I have only run a handful of B/X one-shots and my short lived Savage Worlds steampunk game.

In the meantime, I'm learning Chill (not a lot to learn, actually) to potentially run on the "off" Tuesdays.



No comments:

Post a Comment