Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Ill Met in Dietershafen

Tonight was the first real session of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay. (2nd edition)
It was pretty laid back and mostly improvisational. I introduced a few plot hooks and threw in a few encounters meant to teach the basics of rolling Characteristics and Skills, plus a low impact barehanded fight to demonstrate combat.

Our heroes ended up in a bragging/storytelling contest, followed by a seedy pub crawl filled with gambling and backroom brawling. The session ended with almost everyone rolling on the Stinking Drunk table. Gotta love those super-heroic Warhammer types, eh?

I think I have a pretty interesting mix of characters, and I think this group plays well together. Our next session isn't for a couple of weeks, and I can't wait.

The campaign is semi-sandbox; I've sprinkled the town with rumors and I have a few potential hooks that can lead them far out of the present setting, as well as a a couple of self-contained scenarios to explore or ignore at their leisure.

It feels good to be running again.


1 comment:

  1. I do love wfrp. I don't know if it is b/c I have played nearly every games workshop game or the fact that it let's me explore the world I have come to know in other games more inflexible in the world (such as the minis war game). either way it's good to be playing it again and hit 'em in the 12

    ReplyDelete