Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Two Things About Which I am Greatly Excited



1. Adventures Dark & Deep: A Curious Tome of Forgotten Lore
I dig on AD&D (err....) I like the "lost Gygaxian" classes, I like the rules additions, I like parts of the skill system (not a fan of skills costing boatloads of xp, but I think I can come up with an alternative) I am exceedingly glad that the Greyhawk Grognard is going to be publishing a modular book of just the new stuff. Tentatively set to release this summer, I'ma snap me up a copy  as soon as it is available.

2. Deadlands:  Hell on Earth Reloaded. Okay, so I've been waiting for this since 2004. (When Savage Worlds first debuted, the demo adventure was set in the Hell on Earth world....and we've had not a crumb from them since then) According to Pinnacle dudes on the Pinnacle forums, the book should be out this year. Normally I scoff at "this year, we promise!" calls from books that are many years overdue, but I've got a good feeling about this one and I am remaining uncharacteristically optimistic. With any luck, I might be playing Hell on Earth with the Sunday crew before Christmas this year.



2 comments:

  1. Curious it took them so long when the setting already existed before Savage Worlds. I remember being into SW when it was new, and thinking Slipstream sounded cool. Then they took so long to get it out I eventually drifted from SW, and there still was no Slipstream. It did come out, but at this point I don't care anymore...

    ReplyDelete