Monday, June 4, 2012

I've been out of town for awhile.

The city I'm in has a population roughly 1/3 of the city where I reside permanently.
Our D&D meetup group has 10 members.
Their D&D meetup group has 230.
Granted, most of what they do appears to be Pathfinder (which I'm okay with, but it isn't my first choice) and D&D Encounters (bleeeeh)... but I did notice some Savage Worlds and the like on their schedule. Unfortunately, I don't think I'm going to have time enough to myself to drop in on any of their gaming sessions.

1/3 the population, but a much larger gaming community. Something is wrong with this picture.

I also had the pleasure of visiting a local gaming store that has literally the best selection I have ever seen in a brick-n-mortar store. In addition to stocking all the usual stuff you would expect, they had a delightful section of small press/indie stuff. There were a lot of books that I never expected to physically see on a game store shelf.

....also, their used books section is almost better stocked than the new games section of some stores I have visited.

Damn, I'm in the wrong zip code.

I will be back next week, and my group will play Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd edition again. I'm working on stuff for it here and there while I am away.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, I'm less than a mile from the store I think you're talking about...and the house next to mine is for sale..! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Yeah...you're right...forgot where you were. Now, I'm depressed, I gotta go kill me some frost giants. Have a safe trip back!

      Delete