Monday, June 25, 2012

July: There Shall Be Gaming

Ahoy, mateys.

WFRP2  Session #3 is tomorrow night. It should be Session #4, but I was laid low by the Flu From Hell last time.

I'm really enjoying the BTS game. It's a very different vibe from the Sunday group.
(Sunday group: don't read too much into that)

For Sunday's game, I've retired my boring ass bounty hunter for Deadlands and replaced him with a mulatto Voodoo houngan with a checkered past and a tie to one of the other players' arch-enemies. I like this character much better. I'll be returning to AD&D2nd edition this Sunday after several weeks of absence.

July is going to be game-o-rama. Next weekend I am going to KantCon, where I'll be playing Microlite d20, AD&D editions 1st and second, some steampunk game I've never heard of, and Traveller, plus any pick-up games I happen to join.

At the end of the month I will be attending my beloved Local Convention. This will be my fourth consecutive year of attendance, which is a record. I'm signed up to play Mutant Future, Stars Without Number, and Dungeon Crawl Classics. I was actually planning on running those three things, but I think I might take this year off an play for a change. Maybe I'll run something Sunday morning... though I must confess, I am usually in no shape to run a game the Sunday morning of any convention. In fact, I'm usually in no shape to do anything except drag myself home and go into a coma.

July is also host to a number of other nerdly activities, though they bear no relation to gaming and thus shall not be discussed here. Needless to say that July is going to be the most awesome month in the year of 2012, barring me winning the lottery or gaining X-Ray vision or something later in the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment