Sunday, June 10, 2012

A New Local Nerdvana

I'm back home from my trip down south.

While I was away, my wife discovered a newish nerd haven in our town.
It used to just be a comic book store, but they've apparently done well enough that they have moved into a bigger location that has an attached coffee bar. (My wife orders the Tony Stark)

They are starting to carry gaming stuff- both board games and rpgs. They carry books by local authors. (I bought one) They have a game room in the basement...only one game so far, Beyond the Supernatural run by the same guy who turned me around on Palladium at the local con a few years ago. Apparently there are plans to create a sort of gamer exchange and to have a friendly, open space to play.

In short, this place is nascent, but it has the potential to be truly awesome. This is the gaming/comic/game/coffee store I've always wanted here. I might even consider running a game there.

In other news, I ordered Dungeon Crawl Classics today. Based on all the positive feedback I've heard, I've decided to give it a shot.

My Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd ed game runs this week, and I might be giving Rogue Trader another shot in the near future.

Feast or famine, man.

No comments:

Post a Comment