Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Rumination

Coffee was good. Turns out that this player can swing a weekly game if he sets his schedule up.
Given how generally unsuccessful I am with games that play every other week, this is just what the doctor ordered.

I also had a chance encounter at the coffee shop with an old pal from my hometown who has recently moved here. We gamed a lot back in the day, and he lives a stone's throw away from my potential venue... perhaps that is worth looking into.

This might come together nicely.

Here's what I'm thinking:

1. Stars Without Number- Hard Light. I could at least start it off there... I liken Hard Light to Keep on the Borderlands in Spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace.

2. Stars Without Number Ripping Off a Local Author- I picked up this book by a local author and I'm enjoying it. To me, it just screams SWN. It's called Der Sternvolker*, though I'm not sure how easy it is to get a print copy if you aren't local. Of course, options 1. and 2. are not mutually exclusive.

3. Dungeon Crawl Classics- I'd start with the 0-level funnel and see what comes out the other end...

At any rate, the idea would be to form a core group of people I know, and then draw extras from the interested clientele of the venue. I could also just run it at my house. In all honest, I usually vastly prefer to run my campaigns in my own basement, but I love this establishment enough to make an exception. (It's also not often that I meet new people in my basement.)

My player was also nice enough to print/bind my PDFs of Osric Unearthed and First Edition Skills. (His job apparently lets him do this for free) These will make said supplements infinitely more useful to me, since I only use my laptop for work and I hate running from the game table to my desktop computer and back. Thanks, yo!

I'm hoping to get something up A-freakin'-SAP. Like I said, summer vacation time is a-wastin', and since the summer course I'm teaching ends this Friday, I intend to hit the ground running.

*I love to say this title, working it into conversation as often as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment