Saturday, July 7, 2012

KantCon: Day II

I am tired.

I was too late to the convention this morning and missed a chunk of the Greyhawk game, so instead I spent much of the morning reading and enjoying Anomalous Subsurface Environment. I also had a chat with a guy who writes for Geek Life and Roleplayers' Chronicle. He was a heck of a nice guy and we chatted for some time about games we liked.

In the afternoon session, I ended up playtesting a module for Silver Gryphon games for their fantasy game, Ingenium. Apparently we were the first group to play the module, which takes place in their official game setting for the system. (The rulebook is out now, but the setting and module are not) Ingenium was an interesting, rules-light fantasy game. The magic system seemed interesting, but I didn't get to see a lot of it, since I was not playing a spellcaster. It was a fun game, and the PDF is only five bucks, but I need another fantasy game like I need a vestigial tentacle. The GM was the guy who wrote the system, and he ran a great game. Lots of fun.

In the evening, I played AD&D 1st edition. It was a large group, but we had a good time. We just managed to find the MacGuffin in the dungeon right as the gaming room was closing up for the night.

It was a good day. The Ingenium scenario was the highlight of it, just as Lady Blackbird stole the show yesterday.

Tomorrow I am signed up for a game of classic Traveller, but to be honest I am very tired. I've gamed for something like 20 hours this weekend, and it might be time to just pack up and go home.

I'm glad I came to KantCon. I will more than likely return next summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment