Monday, July 9, 2012

KantCon Debriefing, Back to Work

I did not make it to the Traveller game today. I slept in and when I woke up, the missus and I decided it was high time to head back home.

Final thoughts on KantCon: It was a fairly small convention, but it was fun. It was also entirely focused on gaming, which is really what I go to cons for to begin with. I met some nice people and played in some very fun and lively games. I gamed everything from straight up old school dungeon crawls to damn hippy storytime games and had fun the entire time. I bought two OSR products that will bring me much delight when I get around to running some groups through them. I was also glad to be someone's first foray into old school D&D, and shocked to have someone survive Death Frost Doom.

Now that I'm back, I've got to spend tomorrow preparing for the second session of my new Stars Without Number campaign. I currently have four newly interested parties, bringing the group size to potentially seven and a half players. (One of them is in the care of another and can only play once per month.) That group size is much bigger, and could possibly go bigger still, but I am now counting on some attrition to even the numbers out. If this space station is a'rockin', don't come a knockin'. Or do, I guess.

Thursday we will resume Beyond the Supernatural after taking the week of Independence Day off. I am looking forward to that quite a lot.

I will not be able to rejoin the Sunday group, as I will be out of town again next weekend.

Local con is less than three weeks away. Sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment