Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Stars Without Number Weekly Game Report

Tonight we had a couple of absences, which still left me with five players. Next week I expect to have six. I think attrition is finally leaving me with a more manageable group size.

Tonight I let the party explore Brightside a little bit more and dropped them a couple glimpses of things going on around the station. Most of the session was spent exploring a sky tomb of my own creation. We ended the session with some rooms unexplored, so we'll finish that off next week. 

The PCs deduced rather a lot of information about the aliens interred within the tombs. I'm excited to see what they do with this information.

I've created an Obsidian Portal for the campaign, but goddamn if setting up a wiki with all the proper links and whatnot isn't incredibly time consuming. I need to get it in decent shape within the next two weeks, before I have to report back to school and join the world of the working once again.

 The interesting thing about this series of space dungeon crawls is that part of the treasure that the party is acquiring is information. In each tomb, they unravel a little bit more about the mystery of the tombs and their inhabitants. I'm really enjoying this game.

We didn't have any fatalities, because the PCs were able to see through the trick and avert disaster. I was surprised at how easily I was able to trick them into splitting up, since most gaming groups are steadfastly about splitting the party.

Looking forward to next week's session. Once the PCs start unraveling more of the mystery, I can post more detailed reports.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like things are going well.
    I tried to do the Obsidian Portal thing, finally said forget it, it was just too time consuming.

    ReplyDelete