Monday, December 24, 2012

Nerdiversary

Christmas Day, 1990- I'm in third grade. An imaginative kid, my grandma decides to get me a copy of Hero Quest, from Milton Bradley. This game was basically my introduction to roleplaying (the way we played it, it bordered on a crude rpg) and my introduction into the Warhammer universe. (Although I wouldn't realize that until a few years later) Christmas Day is basically the anniversary of my entering into the gates of gaming nerdhood. Christmas Day is also the anniversary of my introduction to various new rpg systems I received as Christmas presents: Gamma World (the 4th edition published in the early 90's), GURPS (3rd edition revised), and others I can't think of at the moment.

This year, the wife got me an rpg and two rpg-related gifts. More details on those to follow...the egg nog is calling me.

Best of the holidays to you and yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment