Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Now I Know My ABCs...and TPKs.

I mentioned this briefly before, but I bought a copy of The Dungeon Alphabet by Michael Curtis....


...from  my LGS.

I guess if you don't know me or live in my town, you might not understand what a complete and utter shock this is. I would have expected to find a live unicorn, a wish-granting monkey's paw, or a copy of Maid on the shelves before I would ever find something that came out of the OSR. My only guess is that he mistook it for one of the 3.5/4e compatible products that Goodman Games put out in relatively recent times. I combed the shelves looking for any DCC rules system modules, but to no avail.

Anyway, Dungeon Alphabet fits in nicely with my recent tendency to use randomly generated stuff to stitch my games together. I'm not going to write a review or anything, but I will say that I found it pretty imaginative without getting into the higher-than-high weirdness of something like Anomalous Subsurface Environment. I'm more likely to use stuff from DA as-is in my game. (Though there is plenty of weirdness in there, don't get me wrong.)

Hopefully I'll start seeing things like People of the Pit or the Emerald Enchanter show up at the LGS. It would certainly make my trips there less of a depressing morass.


No comments:

Post a Comment