Monday, December 24, 2012

Pipe Dream Conversions

So I've done a few conversions. I did a quick and dirty Shadowrun-to-SWN on this blog a year or two ago. I have an almost-playable RIFTS-to-AD&D sitting on my hard drive, and now I've got this bug to create a WoD Hearbreakerclone.

I think I've mentioned this before, but there are some great games out there that have rule systems I either don't like or don't have the patience to learn.

While I am on the subject of rebuilds and such, this is my list of pipe dream conversions that I will never get around to, but sort of hope someone else would. Presented in no particular order:

*In Nomine- I'd like to see this converted to World of Darkness or FUDGE.
*Heavy Gear- Stars Without Number
*Alternity- Stars Without Number (The races, etc.)
*Gear Krieg- Savage Worlds
*Jovian Chronicles- SWN
*Tribe 8- Savage Worlds or FUDGE
*Fireborn- World of Darkness
*Dragon Star- Pathfinder (believe it or not). I guess you could also do it with D&D/SWN
*Star Frontiers- SWN!
*Nightbane/Nightspawn- World of Darkness


My WoD thingie is underway as a series of scratchings on my note pad. (Like, a real, dead-tree-paper note pad) Right now I'm trying to decide which bits of the OWoD mechanics I like and which on the NWoD mechanics I like. The frustrating part is that both systems having things I like and things that really get on my nerves. The trick will be coming to a happy medium between them.... but that's another post for another time.

2 comments:

  1. *In Nomine- I'd like to see this converted to World of Darkness or FUDGE....
    *Tribe 8- Savage Worlds or FUDGE


    Dude, when games are written they're actually being converted from FUDGE into whatever. The image translators work for the construct program, but there's way to much information to decode The Matrix. You get used to it. I don't even see the rules as written. All I see is Terrible, Fair, Superb. Hey, you ah... want 4dF?

    ReplyDelete