Thursday, December 19, 2013

The Return

Well, look who decided to write a blog post.

I have been bereft of gaming lately. My wife's first WoD game didn't go so well (mostly because the entire group made a bunch of anti-social dicks for characters), so we're rebooting in January.

Various things (mostly grad school) have been keeping me from the Thursday group and their Heroes Unlimited game. The few times I'm able to make it, it is invariably canceled.

I have been invited to play in a Numenara campaign with a bunch of strangers that it starting right after Ecksmas. 

In the meantime, I've amassed a ton of unnecessary extra gaming books, most notably the entirety of the Doomstones campaign for Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 1st edition. I've also stocked up on RIFTS world books due to the delightful clearance rack at my favorite used bookstore. Oh, and thanks to you watchdogs in in Blogaria, I loaded up on Lamentations PDFs yesterday: The full version with sweet and often horrifying art, Tower of the Stargazer, Hammers of the God, Weird New World, Carcosa, and Isle of the Unknown. I may just break down and by literally everything else I don't have.

As an aside, I am freaking delighted at Tower of the Stargazer and I can't wait to run that mofo.

While my ambitions to run Witchcraft 2nd edition have cooled, I find myself with a sudden powerful desire to run Chill. (Mayfair Edition) I'm actually not a huge fan of the Pacesetter system, as I find it rather bland and uninspired, but it's simple enough and serviceable. I'm also oddly attracted to BRP after finding a cheap copy of the corebook.

...heeeeey, anybody know of a conversion from Pacesetter to BRP?

...didn't think so.

...well, at least after tomorrow I'll be on winter break and able to actually do leisure-type things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment