Monday, January 27, 2014

Clock Tower

Let's talk about Clock Tower.

The original Clock Tower was for the SNES, and I don't think it ever came out in the US. The ROM has been translated and is floating out there on the internet. The sequels came to the US, but they aren't nearly as good.

Clock Tower is the only video game that has ever given me nightmares. I haven't played it in years, and I still have nightmares about it from time to time.

Okay, so why am I talking about a video game on my RPG blog?

Because the other day it occurred to me that Clock Tower, with a few minor tweaks, would be a dandy scenario for Lamentations of the Flame Princess. It would be a low level adventure, or, oddly enough, an adventure for 0-level normal people. (The four girls in the original CT, only one of whom you actually control, are just ordinary teenagers.) It's got everything you need in an LotFP scenario:

-Horrible killer traps you should've seen coming.
-Jacked up weirdness.
-Disturbing secrets.
-Chances to be murdered in truly awful ways.
-Unexplainable weirdness.

I won't post specific incidents, because 1.) People I play with sometimes read this blog, 2.) You should play the ROM, and 3.) Seriously, go play the ROM.

And now I go back to my glacially slow attempt to adapt Chill to BRP. Toodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment