Friday, March 21, 2014

RIP, Mike

Mike, a friend and fellow gamer, lost his battle with cancer earlier this week. Mike was a longtime member of the Sunday group that I played in for a couple of years. Besides this, Mike and I played boardgames, went to the occasional Star Trek movie event, and hung out with at local cons and game days.

Mike, you'll be missed. I've never lost a gaming friend before.

I hope Mike's son continues to play with the Sunday group, though even if he does he will likely need some time. My thoughts are with the family, the group, and his friends.


2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Tim.

    I was glad to hear his son is still playing with the Sunday group until he goes to college this fall.

    Game on.

    ReplyDelete