Monday, June 2, 2014

BRP Horror?

Quick question, blogging compatriots:


Is there any horror game or horror setting out there that uses Basic Roleplaying system that isn't Call of Cthulhu or any of its spin-offs? While I enjoy Lovecraft's stories, I'm just really not into the Cthulhu mythos as a gaming thing. I think it's overdone and I think geek culture has turned Cthulhu into a punchline.

A quick search of the internet is showing nada. I'd also be interested in conversions of other horror games to BRP. 

3 comments:

  1. Not that I know. However, note that Chaosium itself published many scenarios that have nothing to do with the Mythos. The rulebook itself has a lot of critter which could be used in these alternate realities, from mummies to vampires to ghosts. I ran a zombie apocalypse campaign and it worked like a charm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've used BRP as the core book for many horror games with CoC material borrowed for effect. Malleus Monstrorum has a lot of non-Cthulhuoid entities in it, as well. There are some BRP monographs as well that have horror thematics including some SF themes as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll check those out. Thanks, dudes.

    ReplyDelete