Wednesday, June 25, 2014

On Overthinking

I've been working on DarknessFudge, a lighter alternative to World of Darkness using Fudge, for months. I've been working on and off, and despite my efforts to keep it simple, it's already bigger than I wanted.

...then last night I stumble across a Fae-based rpg, somewhat reminiscent of Changeling, that a person did on one page using Fudge.

...and now I feel like kind of a tool.

I mean, it's pretty simple, sure, but it works.

Maybe I need to rethink how I'm working this.

Of course, I have little time to do so, with BritishFest coming up and my having agreed to take over two campaigns while the GMs are out of the action.


2 comments:

  1. Don't depair, things are never good until draft 3 or later. With my own games, campaigns etc. I add too much. then start stripping it all way in later drafts. It's good to consider everything and then keep just the best stuff.

    ReplyDelete