Saturday, July 26, 2014

RIFTS Madhaven, Session 3, Deadlands: The Ties That Bind Session 3

The session went pretty well. The PCs explored some old, mostly ruined buildings. Some of the searching was fruitful, some wasn't. Right now the party is just kind of wandering, but having now encountered a ley line walker who makes his home at the top of a surprisingly intact skyscraper, they may have a patron/enemy.

Sadly, our Juicer has to step away from the game for awhile. We'll be looking for a replacement for the time being.

I'm still running the game as sort of a hybrid dungeon/hex crawl. There are multiple factions within the ruins and they will act organically regardless of the PCs and what they do. Of course, the PCs have the chance to affect whatever they choose to get involved in.



The Deadlands game was fairly unfocused for most of the session. We only had two players and I'm guessing that's what we're pretty much at. I'm making the game a little more political and occult focused than most DL games. The PCs have a base of operations, a list of problems, and a list of resources. Rachel Larimer and her faithful servant Sebastian are set up in the troubled town of Creede, Colorado, where they must protect the Larimer family interests from opponents both mundane and mystical. The players seem to dig the setup, so I'm going to run with it.

Ravenloft/Masque of the Red Death is on hiatus for a few weeks due to scheduling conflicts.

Sadly, the end of summer approaches. As I start my fifth year of teaching and my final year of grad school, I'll have to be scaling back my gaming activities. For the next few weeks, I'll have to wring as much gaming goodness out of this setup as humanly possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment