Thursday, November 20, 2014

Savage Worlds Tribe 8 Part Deaux

Alright, so last night I looked up the affinities in the Tribe 8 rules. Each Fatima's tribe has two different affinities for using magic. I then referenced the powers in the Savage Worlds Deluxe corebook and assigned powers based loosely on the affinities. This is my first draft. Some powers I'm on the fence about; for instance I could see Yagans having Entangle as summoning a horde of bony hands from the earth. At the same time, I'm trying to keep the tribal powers different with as few "repeats" as possible.

There are also "Guilds" within the 8th tribe that grant further affinities, but I'll cover them later. I might revise the system to give starting PCs two powers from their Tribe list and one from their Guild list. I might also revise Dreaming to work more like the Blessed edge in Deadlands Reloaded rather than the basic Miracles edge from the core rules. 

Oh, and I also avoided "blasty" powers for the most part... I might revise that , might not. In my mind, Tribe 8 magic doesn't look very blasty. 

Yagans-Death/Fate
 Armor, Banish, Barrier, Boost/Lower Trait, Burrow, Detect/Conceal Arcana, Dispel, Divination, Fear, Fly, Puppet, Zombie

Evites- Empathy/Life
 Beast Friend, Boost/Lower Trait, Entangle, Environmental Protection, Greater Healing, Growth/Shrink, Healing, Mind Reading, Shape Change, Succor, Summon Ally

Magdalites- Sensuality/Conflict
Boost/Lower Trait, Confusion, Disguise, Drain Power Points, Mind Reading, Puppet, Quickness, Slumber, Speak Language, Stun, Succor


Dahlians- Motion/Illusion
 Blind, Boost/Lower Trait, Confusion, Deflection, Disguise, Fly, Invisibility, Light/Obscure,Mirror Self, Quickness, Slow, Speed, Telekinesis, Teleport, Wall Walker

Agnites- Capriciousness/Inspiration
Beast Friend, Boost/Lower Trait, Confusion, Darksight, Drain Power Points, Growth/Shrink, Havoc, Invisibility, Light/Obscure, Mind Reading, Slumber, Speed, Summony Ally, Sentinel

Joanites- Devotion/Fury
Armor,  Boost/Lower Trait, Damage Field, Deflection, Havoc, Healing, Smite, Summon Ally, Sentinel, Warrior's Gift

Shebans- Truth/Wisdom
 Banish, Blind, Boost/Lower Trait, Confusion, Detect/Conceal Arcana, Dispel, Divination, Farsight, Fear, Light/Obscure, Mind Reading,  Puppet, Speak Language


2 comments:

  1. Why not using the Silhouette system? I think it's one of the most brilliant and simple game designs ever. Loved it in my Jovian Chronicles (for the rules) Universal Century sci-fi campaigns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I disagree entirely. I find the Silhouette system cumbersome and vexing. While I love their settings (Jovian Chronicles included), I don't like the rule system.

    ReplyDelete