Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Which of These Should I Run Next?

Presently I am running my sort-of Deadlands Reloaded game and my Ravenloft/Masque of the Red Death campaign. While I have no intention of concluding them within the foreseeable future, I am always thinking up what to run next.

These are things that are presently rattling around in my noodle. I also have different systems in mind of each.

-A fantasy adventure crawl set in a mythic fantasy realm lightly flavored of northern Europe, with lots of runes and forests and druids and pseudo-vikings. Also, cavaliers and witches.
 Systems: OSRIC, D&D 5e

-A trippy ass 70's style D&D. Pointy hatted wizards and magical mushroom forests and stuff.
Systems: Swords & Wizardry.

-A modern urban fantasy/horror game about supernatural factions fighting over big places of power. Equal parts Feng Shui, Dylan Dog, and Nightwatch. Maybe throw in some Dresden Files and Iron Druid.
Systems: Cryptworld + Creature Feature + Majus, Fudge, Savage Worlds, Silent Legions/BXWOD







6 comments:

  1. I'd definitely go with this:

    -A trippy ass 70's style D&D. Pointy hatted wizards and magical mushroom forests and stuff.
    Systems: Swords & Wizardry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you did pointy hatted wizards and magical mushrooms, I suggest using DCC (dungeon crawl classics).

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, I do own DCC (and several awesome modules), but I never think to run it outside of conventions for some reason. (I've even run some DCC mods using BX and LotfP.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A bit of both. A few games of each. Best of both worlds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd try the third option, but adapt Dennis Laffey's "Flying Swordsmen" RPG. Available for free at his blog:

    http://lordgwydion.blogspot.com

    I'm not sure it works in the Wuxia style he intends, but might be pretty cool in an Asian/WoD setting.
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. seem to remember you talking about the third option a couple times in the past year, I would say go with that since it seems you've been rolling that one around for awhile

    ReplyDelete