Monday, June 29, 2015

Eureka...?

I just read through Fate Accelerated, a much condensed and simplified version of the Fate Core system. I think I now get enough of the basic concepts to step up to the plate with Fate. (Awww son, that shit rhymes.) I'm not going to do Accel as my game; it's just that the numerous examples and clearer writing have helped me get my head around how this works. Mostly.

I think I'm going to re-do how powers work, but I need to scribble some notes down before I decide anything concretely.


1 comment:

  1. Fate Accelerated really helped me to grasp the overall system. Another idea that occurs to me is something my friend said. He argued that Fate/Fate Accelerated works best when the players have a bit of GMing experience as they are able to be more engaged in the collaborative story-telling aspects of the game. For example, I've seen players who could compel another player's Trouble, then have the skill to run the encounter themselves with only minor input from the GM. It's rare, but it's kind of cool when it happens. At any rate, I hope you enjoy the game through your new set of eyes. :)

    ReplyDelete