Monday, November 16, 2015

An Unlikely Find, Indeed

I was at the used bookstore yesterday, wandering the shelves. The gaming section is fairly well gutted unless you're into 4th edition (feh) or NWoD.

I turned the corner into the computer/video game section, and there it was, locked in the cabinet with the vintage video game stuff... was a print copy of Tenra Bansho Zero.

What. The. Hell.

First of all, TBZ is a roleplaying game, the pen and paper kind. It was published in Japan in the late 90's and translated into English in the last few years. What it was doing in the video game cabinet is anyone's guess.

I picked it up, if only because such a find is incredibly uncommon.

I have TBZ on PDF, and while I'm not sure it's the type of game I'd run, the book is goddamn beautiful and full of a lot of interesting ideas.

Meanwhile, I burn for a print copy of Tunnels & Trolls Deluxe, though such is not available to the general public. I was also thinking about OpenQuest 2 for the cover, but from what I've read, the interior artwork isn't very good.

But seriously. Print copy of TBZ in the video game section.

Ponderous, man.

No comments:

Post a Comment