Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Deck the (Dungeon) Halls

The mostly-theoretical Friday night game group is slated to meet this week. Given that the following Friday is that strange tree-worshiping holiday that seems to be popular around these parts, we likely won't be meeting again until at least January 2nd, which itself could prove to be futile. I'm going to go ahead and say January 7th. (Oddly enough, the 5 year anniversary of my abortive Traveller campaign) To that end, rather than starting a new campaign, I'm going to be running one or more holiday-themed one shots. While I wanted to run one of the Goodman holiday scenarios for Dungeon Crawl Classics (adapted to B/X or maybe LotFP, they want $6.99 a pop for them. Pinnacle, meanwhile, has several holiday-themed "one sheets" for free-ninety-nine. I downloaded all of them. One is for Weird Wars II, one is for Deadlands, and one is for the horror companion but would slot nicely into East Texas University. Two of the players already know how to play Savage Worlds from the Deadlands campaign I ran in 2013-2014, and I have no doubt the other two will learn it quickly.


Man, Pinnacle really deserves more love than they get. On the real.


No comments:

Post a Comment