Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Dat White Box Life

So I grabbed the Basic Psionics Handbook today because 1.) it was on sale and 2.) I'd like the option of injecting a little psi-weirdness into my next old school D&D or S&W game. I've only been able to give it a cursory glance, but it looks a little too complicated for a White Box style game. (It's advertised as being for a B/X or Labyrinth Lord type game, so no surprise there) I'll be looking for a way to strip it down a bit in order to make it fit.

I also picked up White Lies (both a PDF copy and ordered it POD), though really because I want more robust modern White Box Rules. I don't really have much of an interest in running an espionage/special forces game per se. (Although I could get down on some Department 19 or Monster Hunters International type stuff) Soon I'll still have a stack of adorable little books tucked into my Bag of Holding: S&W White Box, White Star, Skyscrapers & Sorcery, and White Lies.


No comments:

Post a Comment