Thursday, May 19, 2016

White Box vs. Black

Last night I downloaded Cyber-Hacked!, a cyberpunk sourcebook for The Black Hack. While not 100% compatible with White Box or my own sensibilities, it gave me a few things to think about:

1. More bestiary ideas
2. Vindicated my very short list of cyberware with its own very short list of fairly similar cyberware
3. Made me rethink hacking, though I'm not quite read to abandon my present neuromancer concept. It suffers from the "hacking as mini-game" problem that Shadowrun and Cyberpunk 2020 suffered from, but on a much smaller scale. It does, however, allow anyone to attempt hacking.

Definitely worth the two bucks to take a look at it.

My goal is to finish the bestiary this weekend, though I must attend a graduation, so we'll see. 


1 comment:

  1. I grabbed a copy as well, but haven't had time to skim through yet. Always looking for more ideas. I'll be sue to check out the hacking as it sounds more along the lines of what I'd prefer.

    ReplyDelete