Tuesday, June 7, 2016

The Grind is Real

I'm going to be straight with you: I haven't written so much as one word for the White Box Cyberpunk Bestiary. I'm working two summer jobs and running my Savage Worlds campaign and I just haven't found the motivation. I will, though... I didn't spend all that time and energy on the classes, task resolution, equipment, etc just to give up now.

A tiny voice in the back of my head is telling me that I should cancel my trip to KantCon and use the money I was going to spend on hotel, food, and gas for more responsible things that need done.

...there's a slightly bigger voice, though, that tells me to flip the bird to the tiny voice, and also to sign up for a beginning miniatures painting seminar AND to run a 5th game, since the offerings still seem kind of light. It also tells me that both presidential candidates are shapeshifting aliens. (Haha, just kidding NSA spy dudes...trying to brighten your day)

On the real, though, I'm leaning towards indulging my id and doing what is essentially the only fun thing I'm going to get to do this summer. Gutter covers can wait another season.

If you happen to be going to KantCon in July, I have one or two spaces open in each of the games I'm running, except for Starships & Spacemen 2nd edition. (That always turns out to be my most popular game)

Stuff I'm running at KantCon, recap:

Friday:
You Never Get a Second Chance... (Starships & Spacemen, 2nd edition) - Captain Valdez and the crew of the CSS Armiger must search for a first contact party that went missing on a new planet. Can they save the missing party and salvage relations between the Confederation and a new species? This session is actually full as of now.

The Goat, the Bassinet, and the Dark, Dark Woods (Lamentations of the Flame Princess) - This is actually the Zzarchov Kowolski module "A Thousand Dead Babies," but I was asked to consider running it under a different name because the convention is family friendly. (I still slapped an 18+ age minimum on it and mentioned that it is potentially disturbing) I'm sure there are people who would pooh-pooh my decision to abide by their request, but those people can eat some of these. I'm also using LotFP as the rule set even though I don't think it was expressly written for it. Two spots open!

Djinn and Tonics (OneDice Urban Fantasy) - The characters work for the Shadow Council of San Francisco, essentially the police force of the supernatural community. (Think Dylan Dog or Night Watch) A mysterious, unsanctioned alchemist is peddling dangerous and unpredictable potions. The Shadow Council has dispatched the PCs to find out who this alchemist is and put him out of business. One space left.

The Devil Rakan (Ruins & Ronin) - When a remote village failed to pay taxes, the local lord sent a group of tax collectors. Only one returned, bearing horrific injuries and babbling about devils before dying. Now the lord has sent a special team of troubleshooters- monks, mystics, and samurai - to figure out what's happening and put a stop to it. Oh, and about those taxes... room for two more players.

I'm also playing in a session of All Flesh Must Be Eaten and Dungeon Crawl Classics.

My plate might be too full already, but my Sunday morning is completely empty. I've also noticed surprisingly little FATE on the docket this year... usually there are a couple of games that I invariably fail to get into. I honestly would just like to see how the game plays in real life around a real table.

The bestiary will get done when it gets done. I also feel like I need a different name, because most of the antagonist ideas I and others have submitted are not beasts, but men... maybe I should call it the dudetiary. (yuk yuk)

1 comment:

  1. I seriously need to get back to bloggng as well. Lookng forward to when you update. Also... I serously need to go to Kantcon.

    ReplyDelete